Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

GREEN GREEN EVERYWHERE!!! We have been having SUCH a fun St. Patrick's day! I felt a little guilty for not even putting Piper in green last year (or myself and consequently got pinched by Carole!) so I decided to have a little fun with it this year. Curtis told me every year his mom would lay a trail of leprechaun tracks for them to follow to find their breakfast - LuckyCharms, and dyed their milk green! What fun! Good job MaryANN! So I adopted the tradition while taking it one step further by dying the toilet water green! Ha!Ha! Silly In know! Piper thought it was so fun and silly. When she got to her breakfast she had a curly green straw too - what fun! I had to work at the Y today so I brought a pot of "gold" (chocolate coins) with a rainbow coming out of it for the kids to enjoy. Piper thought it was funny that the leprechaun had stopped by there too and dropped some of his gold. She soon found out he had played another trick on us and the gold was chocolate! So fun! We made shinkydink shamrock necklaces with the kids and just have really enjoyed our day. Sadly I have NO pictures:( I know - it's a tragedy! but I have LOST my camera - I can't find it ANYWHERE!!! Last I remember seeing it was after Piper's first ballett class and I was uploading the pictures for the blog. Curtis thinks Piper hid it somewhere - hopefully we find it soon! Naps are in progress right now. I really want to make a leprechaun trap after naps but we'll see if there's time. We has a ROUGH night last night! The only one the slept was Piper. Curtis found out he has a double ear infection and a sinus infection and Bailey has a double ear infection - I think I have one too but not sure what to do! It's probably in my head - anyway, that's all in our neck of the woods. Hope you're all having a very green and tricky St. Patrick's day!

2 comments:

Chad and Carole said...

I only got to pinch Tyler today but we have friends coming over later so hopefully I'll get to pinch someone again. I, of course, went to bed last night with my shamrock socks on so no one could sneak a pinch in early in the morning. You're so creative with the fun pot 'o gold! Tell Piper hi from Em!

Bug said...

What a fun day! Sorry I missed your call- we celebrated St. Patrick's day at the zoo. I will try and give you a call tomorrow. Hope you guys heal soon and sleep better tonight. Good luck! (haha, get it- luck, St. Patty's day- I'm silly)