Thursday, March 4, 2010

Couponing


So I have been attempting "couponing" for about the last year here in S. Carolina because a.)there are some AWESOME grocery deals to be getting b.) "everybody's doing it (that's not really why but it's is the truth - EVERYBODY coupons here which can present a problem at times) and of course c.) to save money. Well last weekend I forced Curtis into doing my Publix run with me so that we could buy everything in 2 transactions (I had an episode last time I tried doing 2 transactions even though it was lagit. so I begged Curtis to do it with me so I wouldn't get embarrassed) and this is our results. Thanks to my friend, the couponing queen, and her extra coupons we got all of this for less than $25!! (i think it came to $22.10!!!)I did it in 4 transactions;two of the transactions we only paid 10cents!!!! - it was AWESOME!!!! I hope this made curtis want to coupon hunt for me when he passes the recycling bins on his way to work:) Anyway, here's the rundown of what I got...
17 bags frozen veggies
4 canisters of bread crumbs (chicken parmasean here I come!)
1 box nutrasweet (didn't have a coupon for but Curtis needed)
1 gallon of milk (also didn't have a coupon for)
1 tub butter
2 starkist tuna pouches
1 can progresso soup
2 canisters pillsbury grands
1 canister cinn. rolls
12 cans of corn
10 cans diced tomatoes
3 BIG cans hunts tomatoes
3 32 oz chicken broth
14 jars of Ragu
10 bag of knorr rice
2 boxes brownies
3 canisters of Pam
2 8oz chuncks of cheese

4 comments:

Brandon and Brittany said...

Look at you go! That's amazing. I've always wanted to use coupons but they completely befuddle me. For some reason I just can't figure them out. Yay you! Saving money is such a fun feeling.

Jessica said...

Nice job! Glad you were able to stock up. I think we should start a blog for our ward for coupon swapping or sharing. But then again, if I have extras I can call you. :0)

Chad and Carole said...

14 jars of Ragu?!? You're going to be eating spaghetti forever...I'm so jealous of your grocery stores there. I do think you can call yourself a "Coupon Queen"...you got Curtis to do it with you...Wow.

Bug said...

Ok this is my thoroughly impressed and jealous! California just doesn't have the kind of deals you do. They also don't double coupons. I am so proud of you and wish I could do the same. You are working on your food storage without spending tons of money!