Thursday, July 17, 2008

I love my beautiful Piper!

I just saw Cynthia's post about the AMAZING family in Vegas and their tragic story. I'm not a cryer but I balled. I didn't even know the whole story yet but when I saw the picture of their beautiful baby, the tears just rolled in. I am so grateful to this mother for helping me and others view their child/children in a different light. For helping us remember to cherish our little ones and for helping us to recognize that even the difficult times of parenting should be cherished. I think I have always cherished every moment I have with Piper but this blog is a great reminder and has made me realize how delicate life is. I love my beautiful baby. She has the most beautiful smile. Her giggle is beautiful music and her babbles are precious. I love how she TRIES to walk really fast when we say "I'm gonna get you" and how when you offer her treats the takes as much as will fit in her tiny fist and shove it all in her mouth and then push on her mouth to make sure nothing falls out. I love her mischivious smile. I love how she puts her hand out and says "huh" when she needs help going up or down stairs or curbs. I love how she gets really excited about folding her arms when we pray and how sometimes she just smiles at us and lets us fold our arms while she watches and then nods her head when we say "amen". She has a sweet, calm, always happy disposition (she must have gotten from her dad - heaven knows I'm not the calm one). She is beautiful!

2 comments:

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Crazy blog huh ?! I have been hooked on reading it and I am so intrigued by watching her move through the grieving process and having the spirit continually comfort her...I cry every time I read it !! Her baby girl was the same age as Knox and Piper. it has definitely made me view my babies in a new light, well it helps me keep more of an eternal perspective. Are you Pregnant yet :) ?!

Bug said...

Shauna, why did you do this to me? You know me too well to point stories out like this to me. I started tearing up just looking at the pictures. Thanks though. Stories like this do help us realize what we have and hold on tight, tight, tight. I love Ava! And being her mom.