Friday, July 25, 2008

The Good Life

So we've just had a chillin' week and have had such an awesome time! Here is Piper lounging on her chair that grandmommy and granddaddy got her. She's trying to open the wallet they sent her. Those zippers can be kindda tricky!



Saturday was our stake Pioneer celebration! They had it up at some farm north of us. Here Dad and Piper are ready to get going! Piper's excited to show off her dress that her friend gave here and see all the fun games they've got going on.

They had little carts for the dad's to wheel around. Piper just needs a whip!
After the games (which I have to admit we were very late and missed out on most of the games but they had horse shoes, three legged races, etc.) we all had a cook out with hotdogs and hamburgers and delicious watermelon and Yes brownies! Not to sure why the frown - I think she is warning everyone NOT to take her brownie away from her!
Here we are on a Hay ride. When we got to the farm we mingled and then lunch was ready and they stopped the hay rides. I was worried we'd missed out and poor little Piper wouldn't get to experience this wonderful funness so I asked curtis if he new how to drive a tractor so we could just take it on a spin ourselves. I got the most dumbfounded look like 'do you know who you're married to????' Ok so yeah that was a dumb question!

I think we wore her out!Tuesday my friend and I took the girls to the water park by our place - IT WAS SOOOOOOOOOO FUN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I didn't want to leave!!!!!!! NO JOKE! This was Piper's favorite place at first. She wasn't really interested in venturing out. She just loved to wade in the water and try to grab the water.I finally got her out the the bigger kiddy pool and she loved it. There was water spraying everywhere and kids laughing all around us. She thought it was pretty awesome. There were kiddy slides with water so we asked the life guard people if we could go down with them- they said YES! We had a BLAST! I wish there was someone to take out picture because Piper was just laughing the whole time. She would have done that the rest of the day if she could. But I finally dragged her away from the and we tried the wave pool - not too much interest there. Besides we can do that at the ocean. So THEN we did the Lazy River. They wouldn't let us use our baby tubes by themselves but said we could put them inside one of the park's tubes. So, I got a double tube and put piper in one side and me on the other. She wasn't too into that because she couldn't see out so I took her out and lounged across the whole thing and sat her on the big tube. She LOVE that! She would just splash her feet, play with my hair and check out what else was going on. We really did have so much fun!

3 comments:

Brandon and Brittany said...

Your weekend sounds like SO MUCH FUN! I can't believe how big piper is getting. I also can't believe how beautiful her eyes are. (With eyelashes that curl up all on their own!) Cute, cute. Good to here from you. By the by, we need your phone number I think because Brandon's cell died and he lost all his numbers.

Bug said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun. I'm glad that the water park ended up being a good idea and that both you and Piper liked it. Next week we are going to the water park here with Brad's work. Hopefully Ava will have as much fun as Piper. I love the pioneer dress too. And hey, what girl would let you mess with her brownie? Not me!

Cynthia and Bryan said...

How fun !! Glad you guys have made such good friends and have lots of fun stuff to do !