Thursday, March 15, 2012

"School"

So I am attempting some new "home schooling" with the girls...In the past I've been really frustrated with Piper because she has shown NO interest in learning things like the alphabet, numbers, etc. and has actually refused to "play" with me when she suspects that I'm going to try to teach her something. It really ticked me off! She knew none of the alphabet by sight and surely didn't know the sounds they make. Even after I had her do a little preschool thing in Beaumont it wasn't sinking in! It REALLY worried me because Bailey could count higher than her and new some letters so needless to say I was stressin'! Well, now she's been going to this little preschool by the highschool students and mostly it's helped her socially but I've noticed her taking more of an interest in learning so I decided to work with her more at home now that she actually wants to!


She actually knows all the letters now Uppercase and Lowercase and knows most of their sounds but we are still doing the letter of the week for Bailey's sake and as review (she loves all the activities even though they are a little easy - maybe that's why she loves them:) but I also got a K4 curriculum that I'm hoping will help get her up to speed - or at least help me know where she should be at so she's not totally shocked when she goes to Kindergarden next year.






Anyway, the girls LOVE it and we've been having lots fo fun together! Piper has actually gotten REALLY in to it and asks everyday if we are going to do school time. It's pretty cute. BUT it's a TON of work for me!!!! but definately worth it:)


This was our first week doing the letter A for apple! They loves trying our different kinds of apples but mostly loved discovering that apples dipped in peanut butter is really good!
















On Friday we added our first letters to our Chicka chicka Boom Boom Tree and then had apple pie and watched the Aristocats! It was really fun and the girls loved it.

























1 comment:

Chad and Carole said...

You are so much better than me. I would have given up after the first day. Good job!