Friday, July 16, 2010

We made it!

So we finally made it to Texas! Actually almost a MONTH ago but I haven't had internet and then when I got it all figured out and hooked up we found out our computer was filled with virus' and trojans (spelling??). But I just got it back from the shop and have been so excited to post pictures!



The drive out wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be - the girls really did well and we had help from my dad which made everything go alot smoother. We took our time and ate lots of good food and got to swim in hotel pools which the girls loved! Bailey LOVED to get out of her carseat and just wanted to move her little body. She loved having grandpa there to show off to and babble to!










Of course, so did Piper! Grandpa is her hero still! She had so much fun playing with him and is still talking about grandpa driving the truck.


Beaumont is probably the ugliest, most boring drab city on earth so we've had to be a little bit creative in finding things to do. SO, Piper and I made good use of our moving box and made a house for her and her "dogs" and baby. (Dogs is in "s because she has an adorable stuffed animal horse that she calls her dog cassey and her other stuffed dog is Ramey after our old neighbor's dogs - She knows the horse is actually a horse but insists it is a dog now since she has no other actual stuffed dog to name Cassey) She loves it and had fun making pictures to go on her walls and a table for her and her little family to eat off of. I think she spent most of the day we made it in there eating her lunch and drawing and waving to me. She wanted me to get in with her... haha!






We are SUPER lucky to have a pool at our apartment complex and have spent quite a bit of time there. The girls are just little fish and can't get enough! I love that it has a kiddy section for Bailey to crawl around in (she loves it too!) It gets a little boring for her to float around in her little tube so it's just wonderful to let her crawl around and get her energy out.


I think it was the first or second week we were here, we were over at Donald and Julie's and the kids were playing in the back yard when we heard Piper SCREAMING. Kennedy ran her in and told us she had stepped in a fire ant pile. OUCH! I guess she stood on it and, of course, the ants attacked and she didn't know what to do so she just stood there screaming! Poor thing didn't even try to get them off so they just kept biting. That is SO painful!!! So anyway this is the after math of that. I don't know how we ever managed to not have this happen in SC - guess we were lucky. Anyway, she's obviously not allergic so it wasn't a big deal - just a lot of ichy blisters. I immediatly washed off the bites and we put on aloe with lidocaine and I told her NOT to scratch or it would make it tons worse and she LISTENED!!! She NEVER scratched them! She would just come to me when they hurt and ask to spray them with anti -itch stuff. I was SOOOOO impressed - I can't help but scratch the HECK out of them when I get just one! Anyway she's our little toughy.
I have LOTS more pictures I wanted to post but I guess it's too many to do in one post so I'll put up some more soon.



















































3 comments:

Bug said...

Wow- fire ants! Talk about my nightmare. Poor Piper- but it sounds like she did great. Sorry things are so slow there. Sometimes I feel the same way about here and we are surrounded by family. Oh well. Love you guys!

Chad and Carole said...

Ouch...all those ants. Doesn't your heart just break when you know you can't do anything for them. They just have to live through it. I'm glad you have a pool. I can't believe how much Bailey looks like Piper when she was little!

Cynthia and Bryan said...

Poor Piper...crazy that she did it in TX and not SC, Does TX have as bad a fire ant population as SC ? The girls are growing so fast ! Precious babies.