Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Genius!

Yes I am a "genius" today. Piper and I were out sort of late in the afternoon today and she was WAY over ready for a nap. So I get home and go through the 'get ready for bed' routine, tell her to put the puppy toy she was holding to 'bed' in the chair (which she did) and then I put her down. So I leave and she keeps saying "puppy - puppy". Then... Crying! Which is SOOOOOO wierd because she RARELY cries when I put her down. So I'm like whatever she'll fall asleep sooner or later - mean mom i know! She does, all is well. I start cleaning and guess what I find - her pacifier. I TOTALLY forgot that one crutial step in the going to bed routine! So know I know why she cried - and now I also know that she can go to sleep without it! Bye Bye pacifier.

3 comments:

Cynthia and Bryan said...

wonderful !! I need to figure out a way to sneak out Knox's bottle without him having a full blown melt down. I put him to bed the other night with out it and he was furious, he woke up 5 times screaming through out the night, I went in once and tried to pick him up to comfort him and he was waving his arms so I couldn't and crying "no momma, no" SO SAD !! So I am willing to be patient with it until his 2nd birthday and then I am getting rid of the bottles...

Bug said...

Lucky, if only I could forget to put Ava to sleep without her fingers! I know, that sounds horrid, but sooner or later those things have got to come out of her mouth. Brad wants to start trying to get her out of the habit when she's 2. Poor thing... potty training, moving to a new house (hopefully soon), a big girl bed, AND no fingers. There are a lot of changes in her future.

Riah-Riah said...

Lucky! Adrian is still stuck on the stupid binky. So glad that Piper is ok without it though.